Ambassadors of Diversity
ADD@ME aims at empowering young people with a Visual impairment (youngsters with Vi) to become key players in processes concerning their own social inclusion at EU level.
The following project objectives represent a concrete way to tackle the above mentioned challenges:
– Foster the social inclusion and the active participation of Vi youngsters through the development of new, innovative youth work practices (the ADD@ME model) to be used by youth with Vi themselves.
– Empower and enhance self-confidence, spirit of initiative and self-estime of young people with Vi through the development of a tailormade Blended Training Programme and a set of digital adapted tools.
– Combat prejudices and misinformation through the design of new and innovative non-formal learning methods to be used by Vi youngsters in awareness-raising events for their local community.
– Encourage young people with Vi to undertake actions of active citizenship and commitment in the society, through the implementation of Awareness Raising events (the ADD@ME Awareness Raising workshops) in order to make their community aware of diversity and disability issues.
– Strengthen transnational cooperation among civil society organizations dealing with visual impairment.
To reach these aims the consortium will involve 90 young people with Vi at EU level. On the basis of an interactive process of development and mutual feedback the partnership will elaborate the ADD@ME products: a Blended Training Programme and a collection of digital tools to empower youngsters with Vi and to make them more active in the society through the implementation of Awareness Raising Workshops in favour of their local community.
The development phase will be followed by a comprehensive testing through a Joint Staff Training Event, Local Trainings and a Blended Mobility for Youth.
Composed by a training handbook with face-to-face non-formal learning methods and adapted training tools and e-modules specifically designed for the needs of participants with visual impairments. The ultimate aim of this work is to empower and boost self-esteem and self-confidence of these youngsters to become active citizens.
A digital tool stored under a WebApp which will contain non-formal learning methods/activities for youngsters with visual impairments. The purpose of this product is to implement ADD@ME Awareness Raising Workshops on disability in favour of local community.
An educational online game which will aim at increasing local and EU communities’ knowledge on disability, that can be used as further tool by youngsters with visual impairments to lead ADD@ME Awareness Raising Workshops. The game will be a WebApp with accessibility and usability features.